Return of an anglophile [Archive] - Aston Martin Forum : Aston Martin Forums

: Return of an anglophile

saline
09-02-2017, 09:32 AM
The two cars I've always wanted to own for their heritage and looks were a Jaguar and an Aston Martin. In the 80's I started restoring British cars; triumphs, E-types and even did a DB5 and DB6. DB6's were a problem because of DOT standards, so I focused on E-types. After moving several times, I stopped restoring cars.

Ever since my visit to the AM facility in Newport Pagnell in the early 80's, I really admired the craftsmanship that went into the building of the marque. I watched one person build the engine, place it on a cart and push it across the street for it to be dyno tested, then back. I thought this can't go on for long. Happily, it has and the understated beauty of these cars is still unmatched. So after 30 years, I want to get back to owning an Aston. The problem is a lot has happened to AM in 30 years, and I need some help catching up. Owning a 60's vintage British car was not for the faint of heart, so I would appreciate all the help I can get before I make the purchase. I'm looking for a 2013 - 2015 Vantage.