Top and window malfunction - Aston Martin Forum : Aston Martin Forums
Ľ Auto Insurance

AstonMartinForum.com is the premier Aston Martin All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #1

Exclamation Top and window malfunction

I just bought a 2009 V8 Vantage. My first Aston Martin and I'm nervous as a cat. Arriving home, I found that the top wouldn't go up and lock - it stopped a few inches short. I had to use the manual process with the allen wrench. The top doesn't respond at all. The driver's window also "forgets" to drop down when opening the door. I reset it, it works for a few tries, but an hour later is back to not dropping. I've searched the shop manual for a procedure to reset these, but haven't found any. Anyone know the cure? Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #2

Default Vantage window and convertible top issues

Wow - did no one ever respond to your issue? I have a 2010 Vantage and just started getting the same issues. I too have not been able to get any responses from any owners regarding ideas or information. Sad. Please let me know if you ever got resolution. Thank you!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM   #3

Old 02-16-2020, 06:44 AM   #4

Default hello

Such a pity !Sorry but I have never heard about it so I canít help u here Maybe the best solution is to go the nearest car service?
Old 01-28-2021, 11:24 PM   #5

Default Convertible top issues

Jaguar XKs (2007 and up) Use the same pump and top systems as the Aston Martins. The dealer gets $8,000 for the pump. Look on the internet. Yours can be rebuilt for about $400 if needed. Your cylinders may also need a rebuild.

If all you need is a reset try the procedure for the Jaguar XK found on the internet. I have rebuilt the hydraulics on two XK's. Fortunately this is not needed on my Vantage.