Normal maintenance on a Vantage - Aston Martin Forum : Aston Martin Forums
Auto Insurance

AstonMartinForum.com is the premier Aston Martin All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 03:09 PM   #1

Default Normal maintenance on a Vantage

Hello all!

I have a question on the Vantage.

A little about myself, I'm 28 and currently in lovely Iraq. I'm looking at the possibility of acquiring a used Vantage for around 60 - 70k. I originally had my heart set on a new 2011 BMW M3 before I realized that an Aston Martin was well within my price range. Aston Martin is pure sex to me, and just assumed it was out of my price range until I took a look.

Now my question or questions are, what does it cost to own one? Is the maintenance like that of a Ferrari? Or is it some what affordable to one who can afford a 70k car? I do not mind dropping a few hundred for an oil change. But what are the normal maintenance issues, and how much could it cost me? Basically what should I expect to be paying per year to maintain one of these beauties?

I guess some helpful information is, this will not be a garage queen. It would be my daily driver putting around 8-10k miles/year. I do deploy a lot to other countries, so it wouldn't be all year round daily driving.

Lastly, would YOU buy a used 2007 Vantage over a brand new M3? Obviously the M3 would be cheaper to maintain since it would be under warranty. But I would gladly choose the Aston Martin if I don't have to drop 5k every time I get it serviced.

The reason I came here is because my search for useful information came up empty.

Thanks in advance guys.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

This is a great question...

Before I purchased my 2006 V8 Vantage, I had the same question. I had a Porsche 911. The maintenance cost is similar to a Porsche 911. Oil change is a couple hundred dollar and brakes are around thousand. Expensive, but not like a Ferrari.

You can drive them daily. Before you buy one, I would find out the service history. I would also recommend buying one from an Aston Martin dealer. That's what I did. Aston Martin is very particular when their dealers sells used cars.

Go for the V8 Vantage. The M3 is a great car, but Aston definitely trumps it!

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityDan View Post
Hello all!

A little about myself, I'm 28 and currently in lovely Iraq. I'm looking at the possibility of acquiring a used Vantage for around 60 - 70k. I originally had my heart set on a new 2011 BMW M3 before I realized that an Aston Martin was well within my price range. Aston Martin is pure sex to me, and just assumed it was out of my price range until I took a look.

Now my question or questions are, what does it cost to own one? Is the maintenance like that of a Ferrari? Or is it some what affordable to one who can afford a 70k car? I do not mind dropping a few hundred for an oil change. But what are the normal maintenance issues, and how much could it cost me? Basically what should I expect to be paying per year to maintain one of these beauties?

I guess some helpful information is, this will not be a garage queen. It would be my daily driver putting around 8-10k miles/year. I do deploy a lot to other countries, so it wouldn't be all year round daily driving.

Lastly, would YOU buy a used 2007 Vantage over a brand new M3? Obviously the M3 would be cheaper to maintain since it would be under warranty. But I would gladly choose the Aston Martin if I don't have to drop 5k every time I get it serviced.

The reason I came here is because my search for useful information came up empty.

Thanks in advance guys.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
drc

Unhappy Vantage Service Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityDan View Post
Hello all!

Thanks in advance guys.
I just joined. I own a Jaguar XKRS (which I love) and am considering adding a Vantage. I just read a whole lot of complaints about the dependability of the Vantage. A lot of clutch problems, rattles etc., dealership issues. I am having second thoughts. I've owned 4 Jaguar R cars and have had no problems. I'm kind of bummed because I have always wanted an AM. I'll keep doing research (like you) but for now I think I'll stick with Jaguar.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #4

well i've had my vantage for around 6 months, 2008 31500 miles , and it is as solid as a tank, no rattles or weird sounds. But you must know that the vantage is a sports car not a GT like the XK. So when the brakes are cold they will squeak,when the sportshft F1 is not warmed up it will be clunky, but the car will and should feel solid all the way.As far as reliability, that is a word not considered when it comes to hand built cars.The vantage is an entry level
exotic car. All the downsides and upsides that come with that are included.So as a Daily driver I would say,stick to the Jag it will eat up the miles in luxury. For a weekend car Get the Vantage.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #5

You can get them everyday. Before you buy one, I would discover out the assistance record. I would also suggest purchasing one from an Aston Martin supplier. That's what i did. Aston Martin is very particular when their traders offers used vehicles.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnMicheal View Post
You can get them everyday. Before you buy one, I would discover out the assistance record. I would also suggest purchasing one from an Aston Martin supplier. That's what i did. Aston Martin is very particular when their traders offers used vehicles.
Budget rental cars from Airport to your home
Old 11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to airport
Default Normal maintenance on a Vantage

Cost of maintenance varies from country to country, and what kind of parts choose for your car.

If you're in a country where Aston Martin have sold a large number of cars the maintenance cost is not so expensiv.

If you choose to have the exchange of parts with some aftermarket and not some original parts, the maintenance cost will be very low. Be carefull that twill may void the warranty of your car.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:44 AM   #8

Currently i am having many thoughts. I've possessed 2 Jaguar R vehicles and have had no issues. I'm type of annoyed these days so I'll keep doing analysis (like you) but for now I think I'll follow Jaguar.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:58 AM   #9

I would recommend you to go for the Vantage since it's a great car. It will really catch the attention of the other people. The maintenance is on the reasonable price. If you're going to buy a used one, make sure that it is properly maintained by the previous owner. M3 is a great car but the Vantage is a better one
Old 02-18-2021, 09:37 AM   #10

You can drive them daily. Before you buy one, I would find out the service history. I would also recommend buying one from an Aston Martin dealer. That's what I did. Aston Martin is very particular when their dealers sells used cars.